What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
– Carpetwise, or on behalf of Carpetwise, and are necessary to enable you to a make enquiries and/or purchases on our website;
– third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Carpetwise.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website/s, particularly in relation to on- line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Carpetwise to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Carpetwise to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Carpetwise meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Users are able to block cookies which are set by Google Analytics when browsing websites by downloading the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” tool. For details and to download visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If do not want any websites to store any types of cookies on your computer you can find guidance on how to block them in your browser by visiting aboutcookies.org, however please note that some features may then be unavailable.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to use the enquire form and/or complete a purchase on our site/s when available.